PBA Fanatics Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coaches see Alaska win

Go down

Coaches see Alaska win Empty Coaches see Alaska win

By WAYLON GALVEZ

Four coaches pick Alaska to beat Talk ’N Text in Game 7 of the KFC-PBA Philippine Cup, citing the Aces’ championship experience and tenacious defense.

"I think Alaska (will win it) because of its experience," said San Miguel Beer coach Siot Tanquingcen.

Tanquingcen’s prediction was shared by Sta. Lucia’s Boyet, Fernandez, Coca-Cola’s Kenneth Duremdes and Hapee Toothpaste’s Gee Abanilla.

"I think Alaska will win it. They have the experience especially in a Game 7 situation. Though Talk ’N Text is hungry, I still feel that Alaska is more composed and it has the defense to back it up," Abanilla said.

Only Ginebra coach Jong Uichico believes the Tropang Texter will prevail.

"Coaching aside, I think Talk ’N Text has the edge with the way the games are won and lost," Uichico said.

Three other coaches, including national mentor Yeng Guiao, see Game 7 as a tossup.

"Talk ’N Text has slight advantage because of momentum. But basically, it’s just a toss of the coin," Guiao said.

Letran coach Louis Alas said: "It’s kinda hard to predict, both teams are capable. Now it will boil down kung kaninong off the bench players ang magde-deliver, key factor ’yan. Lahat ng stats from Games 1 to 6 no value na. Battle of wills na yan."

Rain or Shine coach Caloy Garcia, on the other hand, said anyone can win Game 7.

"Talk ’N Text is playing great and Alaska can play great also," said Garcia.

http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT20090211147867.html
matrix
matrix
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit