PBA Fanatics Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNT guard Alapag still on Cloud 9 after Philippine Cup win

Go down

TNT guard Alapag still on Cloud 9 after Philippine Cup win Empty TNT guard Alapag still on Cloud 9 after Philippine Cup win

MANILA, Philippines – Exactly a week since Talk ‘N Text won the KFC-Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) Philippine Cup, Jimmy Alapag admitted their championship victory still hasn’t sink upon him.

“It’s just an unbelievable feeling. Until now, I can’t still believe we’ve won it," the Tropang Texters’ star guard said.

Behind Alapag, Finals most valuable player (MVP) Mac-Mac Cardona and Harvey Carey, the Tropang Texters came back from a 0-2 deficit and won the last two games of the best-of-seven title showdown to turn back the Alaska Aces and bag the franchise’s first league championship in six years.

Alapag, Carey and the injured Felix Belano were the remaining players from Talk ‘N Text’s breakthrough title in 2003 when it also came back from an 0-2 hole to nip Coca-Cola, whose coach back then – Chot Reyes – is now the man at the helm of the Tropang Texters’ new-found success.

“This one’s more gratifying for me because it took us so long before doing it again. We waited for years to win this one," said the 32-year old former Cal State stalwart.

The Tropang Texters bucked Alaska’s big fourth quarter rally and then watched as the Aces missed four straight free throws and an easy undergoal stab by best player of the conference winner Willie Miller in the dying seconds to hack out a thrilling 93-89 win in the deciding Game Seven of the series.

The victory somehow avenged a similar Game seven loss by Talk ‘N Text to Alaska during the 2007 Fiesta Cup Finals, a time when Alapag was left in the sidelines cheering his teammates.

The 2003 rookie of the year winner was with the RP men’s basketball team during that period, whose members were not allowed to suit up for their respective mother ball clubs.

“It’s not exactly a personal revenge for me, but I’m very happy we’re able to get things with Alaska," he said smiling.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/149398/TNT-guard-Alapag-still-on-Cloud-9-after-Philippine-Cup-win
matrix
matrix
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit