PBA Fanatics Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crown caps personal grand slam for Manny V. Pangilinan

Go down

Crown caps personal grand slam for Manny V. Pangilinan Empty Crown caps personal grand slam for Manny V. Pangilinan

By Nelson Beltran

Crown caps personal grand slam for Manny V. Pangilinan Spo1en4
Talk N Text owner Manny V. Pangilinan acknowledges the cheers of fans during the awarding ceremonies of the PBA Philippine Cup Wednesday night. At left is the PBA trophy, the third jewel in MVP’s grand slam.

MANILA, Philippines - This Talk n Text triumph really meant so much.

It was quite a long wait. But when it was over and coronation came, it was so gratifying and so satisfying for the Tropang Texters and the whole Talk n Text organization.

For team owner Manny V. Pangilinan, Talk n Text winning the KFC PBA Philippine Cup crown was extra special as this completed a personal grand slam.

“I’m relieved it’s over,” said Pangilinan after the Texters eventually overcame the Alaska Milk Aces in a series to remember, giving him another jewel following Ateneo’s victory in the UAAP and San Beda’s title conquest in the NCAA.

“I’m very happy but at the same time nervous, knowing expectation will be high on us in 2010,” added the businessman-sportsman, the first in memory to achieve the feat of winning those titles at the same time in one season.

Pangilinan said he wasn’t actually consciously after the grand slam and he didn’t expect this thing to happen.

“All I wanted was for us to prepare the teams very well then motivate. Winning wasn’t a guarantee,” Pangilinan said. “Hindi ko iniisip ang grand slam. Sa akin lang talaga let’s prepare well and try the best we can.”

Pangilinan, the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president, said he has the same thing in mind for the RP team’s forthcoming international campaigns.

“Hopefully, our national team also succeeds. Mahirap sabihin because it’s four years away at maraming pwedeng mangyari. We have to prepare for the run-up to the 2011 Olympic qualifier,” said Pangilinan, on top of the long-term national team program being run by Serbian coach Rajko Toroman.

Of course, Pangilinan also wishes well the RP team being prepared by coach Yeng Guiao for the World Championship qualifier late this year.

Pangilinan lauded his Texters and at the same time heaped praises on the San Miguel Beermen and the Alaska Milk Aces for being worthy opponents in the playoffs.

“We went through a tough ride starting in the semifinals against San Miguel then Alaska in the finals. It can’t be taken away from them that they’re also good teams who have put up good fights. I have utmost respect for the two teams,” said Pangilinan.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=439913
matrix
matrix
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum